1. What brought you to Portland?
The Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, one of the best TCM colleges, the beautiful surroundings, and friendly people in Oregon brought me here.
2. Why did you decide to become an LAc?
I like the wisdom of Oriental medicine. It works very well and helps people a lot .
3. Tell me about your practice
I practice at the Healing Sage Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic, in Camas, Washington and also at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine Acupuncture and Herbal Clinic in South East Portland. I treat many different diseases in my clinic, but my specialties are Gynecology and Oncology.
4. Where does your passion for the medicine come from?
My passion for Chinese medicine comes from the successful treatments I have done for my patients. I am very happy when I solve the problems, which stimulate my thirst of the knowledge of Chinese medicine. I often do both contemporary and classic research for the complicated cases. I gain knowledge and experience from doing that. 5. Any advice for patients? If you want to get the best effect from acupuncture and Chinese herbs, you must be patient as a patient. This means you need get several treatments and give us time to exert our healing skills and talent.
6. What is your favorite Portland restaurant and why? Wang's King is my favorite because it serves real Chinese food, not a modified version. It's just like me in my work as a doctor- I offer pure traditional Chinese medicine, not a modified version.
*Dr. Li and her husband Dr. Yufang Xue have also published several research articles within the USA. You can research those articles at pubmed.com.